Some versions are good at 1, others are good at 2, but no-one contains both. There is a pattern, so maybe theres some underlying issue with win2k/xp or logitech mice? Would running EM_EXEC.EXE as a high priority service help?
- Logitech MouseWare 9.00, 9.24, 9.29.2, 9.41, 9.42.1, 9.60, 9.75, 9.76 and 9.78.
- Default XP driver
USB 1.1 and 2.0
Wheel Mouse Optical 930495-0909
MouseMan® Wheel M-BA47 x x (WheelMouse2)
(And theres a lot of reports so i take this is general issue with all logitech mice.)
Intellipoint workaround didn't work.
A forum thread I started.
Default driver included with Windows XP and a few mouseware versions (9.78 for sure).
+ scrolling is very responsive in internet explorer and opera
+ opera 7.11: cycling pages is responsive and does not jump over pages
+ opera 7.11: doesnt jump back to previous page under first scrolls
+ opera 7.11 doesnt grey out the back button every now and then
+ in thumbs plus it scrolls only 1 line at a time, not 3 which is ahole page
- cannot scroll a list without clicking in it first (for instance Tools, Folder Options, View, Advanced Settings: try scroll without clicking in it first)
All other mouseware, 9.41 XP for sure
+ can scroll a list without click it first (i.e move to window)
+ good accelleration/speed configuration (i need this for my q3 skillz)
- in thumbs plus it scrolls 3 lines at a time, which is a whole page.
- jerky/lagging scrolling in IE, Opera 7.10 and 7.11, see above
- ending process EM_EXEC.EXE fixes jerkyness, but then Button Assignments doesn't work
In the end let me explain why I i want scroll-without-highlight feature:
1. click in the scrolling window
2. this results in me toggling the option where I clicked
3. un-toggle what I clicked
4. scroll down
5. toggle the option I originally went into folder options for
If I could scroll something without highlight the area first, there would be only two steps:
1. scroll down and expose the option
2. toggle it
Copy to folder and browse for file/driver is also issue. It's like a game with bad gameplay. I don't want Windows to turn Linux.